Surveying is the means of determining the relative position of points and the relative distances. It is very important in the field of Civil Engineering. We can find uses of surveying in all civil engineering projects. The objectives of surveying may very depending on the type of project. A surveyor must be clear about the objects of surveying. The main objectives of surveying are discussed below.
Objectives of Surveying
- To determine the relative position of any objects or points of the earth.
- To determine the distance and angle between different objects.
- To prepare a map or plan to represent an area on a horizontal plan.
- To develop methods through the knowledge of modern science and the technology and use them in the field.
- To solve measurement problems in an optimal way.