Some of the numerous functions of cement are given below.
- It is used in mortar for plastering, masonry work, pointing, etc.
- It is used for making joints for drains and pipes.
- It is used for the water-tightness of the structure.
- It is used in concrete for laying floors, and roofs and constructing lintels, beams, stairs, pillars, etc.
- It is used where a hard surface is required for the protection of exposed surfaces of structures against the destructive agents of the weather and certain organic or inorganic chemicals.
- It is used for precast pipes manufacturing, piles, fencing posts, etc.
- It is used in the construction of important engineering structures such as bridges, culverts, dams, tunnels, lighthouses, etc.
- It is used in the preparation of foundations, watertight floors, footpaths, etc.
- It is employed for the construction of wells, water tanks, tennis courts, lamp posts, telephone cabins, roads, etc.
Tag: use, cement, uses of cement, use of cement, application of cement, uses of cement in construction, functions of cement, cement function, functions of cement, cement functions.
- Uses of Concrete
- What is Cement?
- Cement Manufacturing Process
- Properties of Good Cement
- Field Test of Cement
- Hydraulic Cement Uses